About A&W Restaurants
A&W Restaurants, Inc. is a chain of fast-food restaurants distinguished by its draft root beer, root beer floats, and burgers. Its origins date back to 1919 when Roy W. Allen opened a walk-up root beer stand in Lodi, California. Allen’s employee Frank Wright partnered with him and founded this first restaurant in Sacramento, California, in 1923. The company name was taken respectively from the initials of their last names—Allen and Wright. The company became famous in the United States for its “frosty mugs,” where the mugs would be kept in the freezer and eventually get filled with A&W Root Beer before they were served to customers.
Evolving into a franchise in 1926, the company today has locations throughout much of the world with each serving a typical fast-food menu of hamburgers, French fries, and hot dogs. A number of outlets serve as drive-in restaurants that have carhops. Previously owned by Yum! Brands, the chain was sold in December 2011 to a consortium of A&W franchisees through A Great American Brand, LLC. In October 2013, A&W opened its first new concept restaurant, A&W Burgers Chicken Floats. At the end of 2017, the chain had more than 1,100 locations, over 625 of which were in the United States, and the rest in eight other countries.
A&W Restaurants Menu Prices
Includes Choice of One Side and Regular Drink
|Original Bacon Double Cheeseburger||$6.99|
|Grilled or Crispy Chicken||$6.99|
|Original Bacon Cheeseburger||$6.39|
|Chili Cheese Fries||Individual||$2.99|
|Chili Cheese Fries||Premium||$3.78|
Draft A&W Root Beer
|Draft A&W Root Beer||Small||$1.79|
|Draft A&W Root Beer||Regular||$1.99|
|Draft A&W Root Beer||Large||$2.19|
Floats & Freezes
|Chocolate, Strawberry, or Vanilla||Regular||$3.59|
|Soft Serve Cone||$1.29|
Better Your Combo
Meal Includes Kid’s Side, Kid’s Drink & Special Prize
|Corn Dog Nuggets||$3.99|
|A&W Root Beer||Half Gallon||$2.99|
A&W Restaurants Food Taste and Quality
A&W Restaurants are popular for the great food. The most popular item is its signature product ‘Root Beer’. Root Beer is caffeine-free, made with real cane sugar and a proprietary blend of herbs, bark, spices, and berries. It is classic and timeless. It is perfect with celebrations and good times. Papa burger and onion rings are also tasty and delicious. Its menu offers great choice to everyone including kids. Their prices are also reasonable.
The restaurants are designed in a pleasing way. It has an extremely friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The staff is attentive and makes sure that the customers are convenient. The fantastic food, phenomenal root beer, great service, friendly staff, and reasonable prices make A&W Restaurants an attractive option for customers. They have been serving traditional American fast-food and own brand beverages for almost 100 years, satisfying all the generations.
A&W Restaurants Nutrition
A&W Restaurants offers a wide variety of food items such as burgers, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, french fries, root beer, sides, sweets, desserts and much more. Below, we have provided the nutrition information of few food items.
- Root Beer (Regular, 20 oz.) – Provides 290 calories, 0 grams of fat, 0 grams of cholesterol, 135 milligrams of sodium, 78 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of dietary fiber, 75 grams of sugar and 0 grams of protein.
- Papa Burger – Provides 550 calories, 33 grams of fat, 91 grams of cholesterol, 1558 milligrams of sodium, 43 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of dietary fiber, 12 grams of sugar and 25 grams of protein.
- Onion Rings – Provides 350 calories, 16 grams of fat, 0 grams of cholesterol, 710 milligrams of sodium, 45 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of dietary fiber, 3 grams of sugar and 5 grams of protein.
- Chicken Tender (1 Pc.) – Provides 105 calories, 4 grams of fat, 17 grams of cholesterol, 335 milligrams of sodium, 9 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of dietary fiber, 0 grams of sugar and 9 grams of protein.
- Sundae, Chocolate (Regular) – Provides 320 calories, 8 grams of fat, 30 grams of cholesterol, 180 milligrams of sodium, 53 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of dietary fiber, 15 grams of sugar and 8 grams of protein.
That’s all about A&W Restaurants Menu Prices – Food and Nutrition Information. This post mainly focuses on A&W Restaurants menu prices and its nutrition information. We have also provided the review on food. You can also find the brief summary of the restaurant. We hope that this information was useful to you. Simply, leave us a comment if you have any questions regarding this post.
Thanks for visiting our site:)